Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Special Days - Special Times

Today is a special day - My daughter Beverly's birthday.  I am so, so blessed to be able to celebrate this grand occasion with her.  There will be a birthday dinner on Sunday with good food (I hope), birthday cake and loved ones.

As I continue to pull together this vast collection of writings from the darker days, it's important to stay focused on today; to concentrate on all that is good and all that is precious.  It's too easy to regress in life - to look at the past and allow it to define us.  It is my sincere wish that this next book to come - This, Too, Shall Pass - will nurture and encourage those who are still living in their darker days.

Here's an excerpt one of those writings in support:

 Because It's There
And if today is not what I would have it be,
If somehow all seems against me, as if all Pandora’s woes are set to undo me,
I will not run and hide; but I will don my armor and set my guard.
For I know that someday soon, mayhap as near as Tomorrow,
The sun will smile on me again,
And all the odds will be in my favor, where naught can slow my step,
And I shall reach the Mountain Top – subdue and conquer my world,
Because it’s there!

My birthday wish for you, baby girl, is that you are never far from your mountain top.  Happy birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcWXCaXQmKI

1 comment:

  1. I can't count how many times over the years I've heard you say "This, Too, Shall Pass". Even now when my world is chaotic and overwhelming I hear those words.
    Love ya,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete